Constructed in 1928 the Royal Duke Hotel was formally known as the Willingdon and was a cornerstone of social life.
The Willie, as locals called it, was the landmark spot to meet friends in the heart of Okotoks.
The original structure was an immaculate 3 storey brick building. Named after the Governor General of Canada at the time (Freeman Freeman-Thomas, 1st Marquess of Willingdon), the Willingdon remains a very important part of Okotoks history.
The building has naturally gone through several changes over the years.
In August 2011, the Royal Duke Hotel was opened with a European inspired makeover introducing a modern look and feel for the hotel, restaurant & pub.